Share | 

Headphone reccomendations?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
eSc

Male Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Headphone reccomendations?   August 24th 2007, 1:34 pm

Am at my wits end, and so I call upon the collective experience of all you eargasmonauts...

Been through three pairs of crappy headphones in the last year (Sony MDR-V500, MDR-V700, Sennheiser HD-205) and am just getting sick of having to replace them. I liked the sound on the V700's, but just like the 500's they fuckin crack on the little plastic bit that attaches to the cup. We will not speak of the Senn's, which I bought in a pinch 4 hrs before gig time, except to say that they feel like someone has clamped my head in fucking vice, and the cable, which was obscured in the packaging, is about the size of dental floss and of sufficient length to be suited to all those eight foot tall dj's. Gah! Great thinking there... make the cable long enough to go dragging all over the floor AND of incredibly poor quality.

Seems like i will be in this game a while, and I figure I should just invest in something decent. I am not a rich man, and cannot jump straight to the top of the line, but am willing to pay enough that I will not have to go through all this again. So tell me, oh assembled panel of wise ones, these things...

(A)Do you have any reccomendations (make & model) for a a pair of headphones that are of decent quality in comfort, durability and sound, that will not necessitate me taking out a second mortgage on my house?

And (B) do you know of any online retailers that you perhaps have had good experiences with, that might carry your reccomendation (as i live in fucking virginia, and its miles to any decent retail shop)?

As I am currently playing with the 500's, which have the right cup tied on with bits of string - ghetto ninja style, I thank you in advance,

eSc

Back to top Go down
RobbieSteel

Male Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2007-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Headphone reccomendations?   August 28th 2007, 5:59 pm

I am Old School Radio and I have always used AKG.
I have had the same set now for 15 years.
I have dragged them everywhere!
Thy are big and puffy (Not Kool Looking)
But I swear by them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.robbiesteel.com
djtiny

Male Number of posts : 3
Club Residency : TRAMPS TENERIFE
Website : BEEN DJIN FOR 15 YEARS HAD RESIDENCYS AT GODKITCHEN,MINISTRY OF SOUND AND NOW IN SUNNY TENERIFE
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Headphone reccomendations?   August 29th 2007, 9:49 am

ive tried loads of different makes of headphones. best for me after trying sony,sienheisser,new technics and pioneer.

pioneer HDJ1000

BEST OVERALL SOUND,NOT TOO HEAVY AND DONT SNAP EASY.
Back to top Go down
eSc

Male Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Headphone reccomendations?   August 29th 2007, 11:03 am

Thanks for the tips guys. Right now I am kinda on the fence between the Pioneer HDJ1000's and the Stanton DJ Pro 3000's. My only concern with either is th durability. And robbie, I don't mind puffy (Im already old and weird looking, fashionable headphones wont help my cause!), I just want strong... I will definitely check out the AKG's.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Will

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Headphone reccomendations?   October 30th 2007, 2:56 pm

Denon Dn-HP 1000....awesome sound...built like a tank and comfortable for a few hours of wear

They also have the largest driver at 53mm compared to all other headphones....i got mine off ebay for 96 US
Back to top Go down
roman

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Headphone reccomendations?   October 9th 2008, 9:18 pm

Man go with the Sennheizer HD-25, they are the best for DJ use and all parts are available for them.....

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/product.html?ReadForm&path=professional_headphones-headsets_dj-headphones&product=502188

You won't regret it.......

DJ Roman...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headphone reccomendations?   

Back to top Go down

Headphone reccomendations?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1